Friday, June 25, 2010

Laundry by Lex Stathis


Laundry is not as easy as pressing a button. Today I learned the hard way how to wash you clothes the old fashioned way. Let's just say I have a lot more respect for my mom and the invention of the washer machine and dryer, as well as for everyone in my life who ever let me use their laundry facilities!
    I know what you are thinking: "How do you do laundry without a washer and dryer?" Here's my method. First, put the laundry soap in at the bottom of the tub, add your dirty clothes, and add just enough water to cover the clothes. Then, like "I Love Lucy" episode where she was making wine, stomp away. After about 20 minuets of stomping, rinse each and every piece of clothing.  It's at this point where you will see first-hand how dirty your clothes really get. It's gross. Then just hang them in the sun to dry. Its not really hard, but it takes a really long time. However, I'm left with a feeling of accomplishment and the knowledge that my mom can’t claim that I'm lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment